The Best No Cost or Low Cost Tips to Prepare Your Home For Hot Weather
- Setting your air conditioner 5° higher will save up to 20% on cooling costs.1
- Use fans to make indoor temperatures feel cooler, most ceiling fans use less energy than a light bulb.
- Have your air conditioning unit serviced to cut 15% of cooling costs. 2
- Don’t try to cool the great outdoors — Seal cracks, gaps, leaks and add insulation to save up to 20% on home cooling costs.2
- Keep windows and doors shut and shades closed during the day, to keep your house cool and reduce air conditioning needs.